Monday, April 25, 2011

book: "The Ice Princess"

"The Ice Princess" by Camilla Lackberg was somewhat of a let down. She is being hailed as one of the best authors from Sweden and that if you enjoyed the Millenium trilogy by Stieg Larsson you will enjoy her work. Since I loved "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," The Girl Who Played with Fire," and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" (Larsson's Millenium trilogy titles) I was really excited to read Lackberg. I must say that I was a little disappointed. It was a decent read but it fell a little short. The story is ok but the premise is old and the character development just felt like it was missing something. I wish that she had spent a little more time describing the settings and scenery and flushing her characters out a bit.
It didn't grab me and engross me like a lot of other books (that I have read over and over and over again) have and still do. It's not a work that I will reread though I don't regret that I did, I just came away feeling like it wasn't as fulfilling to read as other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment